Portsmouth is a pretty darned romantic place. From the beautiful lamppost-lined streets to the stately North Church, just a stroll through downtown screams romance. That got us thinking about the best restaurants in Portsmouth to go for a date night. There are so many, but we chose our top ten below!
- Mombo - Located in historic Strawbery Banke adjacent to Prescott Park, this warm, inviting space has exposed wood beams and water views. The cuisine is New American with an international twist, and it's delicious!
- Demeter's Steakhouse - A contemporary American steakhouse located in Route 1, Demeter's has an excellent wine selection, incredible steak and seafood and live music.
- The Library Restaurant - Located in Portsmouth's mainstay, the Rockingham House, the rich wood and historic book selection feels so warm and comfortable! Traditional New England fare is served by some of the friendliest servers and bartenders in town!
- Rudi's Market Square - We love the flagship restaurant, but when Rudi's expanded into the Market Square space (the spaces are connected by a function room) we REALLY fell in love! Stunning exposed brick, incredible cuisine and an wonderful wine list create a perfect combination here.
- Ristorante Massimo - Two levels of brick, wood tones and leather seating are home to world-class Italian cuisine in possibly the coziest restaurant in Portsmouth!
- The Black Trumpet - A gorgeous spot in the alley on Ceres Street, this waterfront dining is incredible! We love the bar space upstairs for a cocktail and small and medium dishes to share.
- The Wellington Room - This charming space has incredible views of the Piscataqua from a second floor Bow Street location. The food is out-of-this-world and we love the valet parking option across the street!
- Cava - Specializing in small plates, Cava is a destination spot with an open kitchen, delicious tapas and a wine list that makes our mouth water just thinking about.
- Brazo - This eclectic Spanish restaurant has bold colors, funky latin music, creative cocktails and delicious Spanish cuisine. It's the perfect blend of fun and romance.
- Cafe Mediterraneo - One of our all-time favorite restaurants in Portsmouth. Delicious Italian cuisine in an authentic atmosphere. You MUST get the lobster ravioli!